Tim is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Tim advises listed companies and Australian and offshore private equity fund managers in relation to mergers and acquisitions, capital raisings, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and regulatory investigations.
Tim is a member of the Law Committee of the AICD, the Securities Law Committee of the International Bar Association and is a regular commentator in the media on corporate governance. Tim is a director of Watertrust Australia, a national water and catchment policy not for profit.
Tim has a Master of Laws (Corporate and Commercial Law) from the University of New South Wales and also received undergraduate qualifications in Law and Commerce (Finance) from the University of New South Wales.
Tim’s experience includes advising on the following transactions:
- Cardno Limited’s sale of Cardno ESG to Stantec
- Silver Lake’s investment into Australian professional football
- Pinnacle Investment Management Limited’s investment in Five V Capital
- Intega’s acquisition by scheme of arrangement by Kiwa
- Infigen Energy’s (Australia’s largest listed renewable energy generator) competing takeover bids from Iberdrola and UAC
- A confidential bidder for Tilt Renewables as part of the Infratil strategic review process
- The Riverside Company’s investment into Avance Clinical CRO
- Helius’ acquisition of Agilex biolabs
- Stone & Wood’s acquisition by Lion
- UNSW on its arrangements relating to silicon quantum computing
- GrainCorp’s approach by Long Term Asset Partners and its ASX Demerger of United Malt
- Morrison and Infratil’s acquisition of Qscan from Quadrant Private Equity and the Qscan doctor group
- Silver Lake and TEG’s investment into Michael Cassel Group
- LivingBridge Private Equity’s acquisition of Smart Clinics from Genesis Capital
- CBA’s investment in Slyp
- The $2.6 billion privatisation of the NSW land titling registry
- Various listed ASX200 companies on corporate governance and regulatory issues
Awards and Recognition
Tim is recognised in the Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity and Equity Capital Markets categories.
Tim was a finalist for Partner of the Year – Corporate.
Tim won Partner of the Year.