Patrick is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Disputes + Investigations group.
Patrick has extensive litigation experience across various Australian jurisdictions, having practiced in Melbourne and Perth. Patrick appears in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the Federal Court of Australia and has a particular focus on disputes concerning all aspects of the mining and resources industry. Patrick also acts for and advises clients in responding to regulatory investigations and related disputes concerning Corporations Act and trade practices matters, in Royal Commissions and Enquiries, and in general contractual, commercial, insolvency and enforcement matters.
Patrick's experience includes:
- Acting for OzMinerals, Sandfire, Web.com, Navitas, Deep Yellow and Nusantara regarding schemes of arrangement.
- Acting for Wesfarmers in respect of Kmart’s involvement in the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability.
- Acting for Talison Lithium Australia in its dispute with Global Advanced Metals Greenbushes relating to the world’s largest hard-rock lithium mine at Greenbushes.
- Acting for Rema Tip Top group of companies in Supreme Court of Victoria proceedings for breach of contract, negligence and misleading conduct.
- Advising Australian Executor Trustees in relation to various complex, high value trust disputes in the Supreme Court of WA and Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Acting for HealthEngine in Federal Court proceedings commenced by the ACCC.
- Advising the administrators of the Adaman group of companies in relation to insolvency matters.
- Advising the state oil company of Papua New Guinea in the Commission of Enquiry into the UBS Loan.
- Advising companies in respect of their response to regulator led investigations, including by the ACCC, ASIC and OAIC.
- Advising company directors in respect of their common law and Corporations Act duties in various related Supreme Court proceedings across a number of Australian jurisdictions;
- Acting for resources companies in significant contractual and joint venture disputes across various Australian Courts, including in applications made pursuant to the Mining Act (WA).
- Advising engineering and construction companies with respect to arbitral disputes arising from significant multi-national construction projects.
- Advising companies and their controllers with respect to insolvency related processes.
- Advising property development company in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to trade practices claims and allegations of misuse of confidential information.
Awards and Recognition
Patrick was listed in Doyle’s Guide of 2018 Rising Stars in Dispute Resolution & Insolvency Australia.
For more information on the Toyota Class Action, please click below or call 1800 324 984.
We are pleased to present the 2022 Clean Energy + Decarbonisation Masterclass series, a multi-part series featuring leading industry experts focusing on key topics relating to investments in the clean energy and decarbonisation sector.