Patrick is a special counsel in Gilbert + Tobin’s Disputes + Investigations group.
Patrick has extensive litigation experience across various Australian jurisdictions, having practiced in Melbourne and Perth. Patrick appears in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the Federal Court of Australia and has a focus on disputes concerning all aspects of the mining and resources industry.
Patrick also acts for and advises clients in responding to regulatory investigations and related disputes concerning Corporations Act and trade practices matters, and in general contractual, commercial, insolvency and enforcement matters.
Patrick's experience includes:
- Leading the team representing Talison Lithium Australia in its dispute with Global Advanced Metals Greenbushes relating to the world’s largest hard-rock lithium mine at Greenbushes.
- Advising in respect of regulatory investigations and related litigation.
- Advising company directors in respect of their common law and Corporations Act duties in various related Supreme Court proceedings across a number of Australian jurisdictions.
- Acting for resources companies in significant contractual and joint venture disputes across various Australian Courts, including in applications made pursuant to the Mining Act (WA).
- Advising engineering and construction companies with respect to arbitral disputes arising from significant multi-national construction projects.
- Advising companies and their controllers with respect to insolvency related processes.
- Advising property development company in the Federal Court of Australia in relation to trade practices claims and allegations of misuse of confidential information.
G+T examines 2021’s public M+A transactions valued over $50 million involving ASX-listed companies. The Review provides our perspective on the trends for Australian M+A in 2021 and what that might mean for you in 2022.