Hiroshi is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
Hiroshi specialises in mergers & acquisitions and private equity transactions. He also regularly advises on general corporate, securities law, governance and foreign investment matters. Hiroshi also chairs the firm’s Diversity Council.
Hiroshi has qualifications in law (Hons) and economics (Hons) from Sydney University.
Hiroshi’s experience includes advising:
- Adamantem Capital on the acquisition of the Spotless commercial laundries business from Downer and the subsequent establishment of a joint venture between Adamantem Capital and Downer in respect of the business.
- Guzman y Gomez on the acquisition by Magellan Financial Group of a 10% stake in Guzman y Gomez.
- Adamantem Capital on its acquisition of ASX-listed Legend Corporation Limited by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Pacific Equity Partners on the $964 million sale of Allied Pinnacle to Nisshin Seifun Group, Inc.
- Pacific Equity Partners and The Carlyle Group on the $1.23 billion acquisition of iNova Pharmaceuticals.
- Reliance Rail on its A$3.6 billion refinancing and recapitalisation.
- KordaMentha as administrators of Arrium Limited on the dual track sale process for Moly-Cop resulting in the US$1.23 billion acquisition by American Industrial Partners.
- Energy Developments Limited on its $1.4 billion scheme acquisition by DUET Group.
- Woolworths Holdings Limited (South Africa) on its $2.15 billion acquisition of David Jones Limited by scheme of arrangement and $1.76 billion takeover of Country Road Limited.
- Alinta Energy on its $1.6 billion refinancing and subsequent spin-off of Flinders Energy.
- Aramex on its sale of the Mail Call Courier business to Australia Post and concurrent establishment of an e-commerce joint venture.
- Caltex Australia Limited on its acquisition of the Milemaker Petroleum business.
- Pacific Equity Partners on its $1.1 billion acquisition of Spotless Group, buyout of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s stake in Veda Advantage and acquisition of Pinnacle Bakery.
- The Carlyle Group on the $2.7 billion public to private of Healthscope Limited and its $3 billion joint venture with National Hire Limited to acquire and merge the National Hire and Coates Hire equipment rental businesses.
- Carlyle Infrastructure Partners on its cornerstone investment in Qube Logistics and involvement in a consortium bidding for the Port of Brisbane.
- Acting on various management incentive plans for Pinnacle, Mantra, Stella Travel Group, Energy Developments, Hoyts and Consolidated Media Holdings.
Awards and Recognition
Hiroshi is recognised for Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Law.
Hiroshi was a finalist for Dealmaker of the Year.
Hiroshi was a finalist for Partner of the Year - Commercial.
The Digital Hub brings together the key issues you need to think about in your business as well as providing practical toolkits and regular updates on the latest digital developments.
G+T examines 2021’s public M+A transactions valued over $50 million involving ASX-listed companies. The Review provides our perspective on the trends for Australian M+A in 2021 and what that might mean for you in 2022.