Gilbert + Tobin’s continued strong performance and focus on developing diverse, leading legal talent is paying dividends with the firm announcing its largest round of new special counsel appointments, effective 1 July 2021.
The firm’s 14 new special counsel appointments are in line with the firm’s future growth plans for its Sydney, Melbourne and Perth businesses and consolidate G+T’s reputation for advising clients on their most significant corporate transactions and disputes across core practice areas including Disputes + Investigations, Corporate Advisory, Competition + Regulation, Energy + Resources, Banking + Projects and Intellectual Property.
G+T congratulates its new special counsel:
- Competition + Regulation lawyers Rebecca Dollisson, Tanya Macdonald and Amelia McKellar
- Corporate Advisory lawyers Simon Barnett and Matt Watkins
- Energy + Resources lawyers Chris Marchesi and Phil McKeiver
- Intellectual Property lawyer Anna Smyth
- Banking + Projects lawyers Matt O’Connor and Anna Schwartz
- Disputes + Investigations lawyers Kaushalya Mataraaratchi, Peter Munro, Lauren Shave and Rebecca Spigelman.
Managing Partner Danny Gilbert congratulated the new group of special counsel appointments and reinforced the firm’s commitment to invest in its people, build a strong pipeline of future leaders and strengthen G+T’s market-leading offering in key practice areas from within.
“This is a very important moment for our firm. Recognising talented women and men who are committed to our culture and values and who have the capacity and energy to drive the continued growth and success of our firm. Their appointments are a testament to their skills, ambitions and leadership.”